Hey There friends!
I always get questions on my recipe for sugar cookies that I did a few years ago (old post HERE) so I figured it was time for an update! I love this recipe because it makes A TON and they cookies are soft and fluffy! I hope you love it as much as I do!
Sugar Cookie Recipe
1 Cup Butter
2 Cups Sugar
3 Tsp. Vanilla
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 Tsp. Salt
2 Tsp. Baking Soda
5 1/2 Flour
- Soften butter. Cream butter and sugar in a mixer or big bowl.
- Combine eggs, vanilla and sour cream into the mixer. Mix until all mixed in together.
- Combine salt, baking soda and flour to your mixture. Add flour as needed for the right texture/thickness
- Refrigerate cookie dough for an hour or roll our cookie dough and cut out cookies, lay cookies on a pay and freeze for 10 minutes so cookies keep their shape.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes. I always check at 8 and usually take them out at 9 minutes. You want to take them out before you see any golden color on them. They will look like they’re not done, but trust me they keep cooking on the cookie sheet when you take them out and will be the perfect texture if you take them out a little early. That is if you like your cookies soft and fluffy!
- Let cookies cool for 20 minutes.
- Frost, Decorate + enjoy!
I usually make up my own recipe for the frosting, or if I’m lazy I just buy the pre-made frosting and add my favorite coloring to it! Let me know if you have any questions and as always tag me if you make them!