As you probably already know sugar cookies are my weakness! I LOVE eating them and I also love making them! I get a lot of questions on my recipe so I thought it would be a good idea to share the recipe on here! This recipe might look a little crazy because it has sour cream in it, but they are so yumm! I like somewhat thin sugar cookies that are chewy so I roll my cookie dough about 1/2 inch or less thick. Anyways, here is the recipe!
Sugar Cookie Recipe:
1 Cup Butter
2 Cups Sugar
3 Tsp. Vanilla
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 Tsp. Salt
2 Tsp. Baking Soda
5 1/2 Cups Flour
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Cream butter and sugar in a big bowl.
- Combine eggs, vanilla, and sour cream into the bowl.
- Combine salt, baking soda and flour to the mixture.
- Refrigerate your cookie dough for 2 hours (or you can put it in the freezer for less time, on occasion I don’t do this and it makes the dough a little sticky but still works great if you don’t have time to let it get cold).
- Make Cookies!
- Set timer for 7 minutes and take them out or wait till they look soft and fluffy. I let mine still cook on the pan when I take them out.
- Let them cool and the DECORATE!
I hope you enjoyed making these cookies! If you make them tag me in them! I would love to see you bake with your babes!
Thanks for reading! Happy almost friday!