Kids Summer Chore Chart
Is anyone else thinking of ways to keep their kids happy and nice all summer? I sure am! Do you notice when you give your kids something “important” to do and praise them for helping they are 1000 times better? I made a fun chore chart for the summer for them to check off everyday. At the end of the week I’m going to let my kids draw from a jar of fun activities to do and we will do them the following week.
Whether it’s go bowling, go to an amusement park or pick up an ice cream or pick out a small surprise from the store, they will get to pick out one thing when they have completed their chore chart for the week.
Other Ideas of Rewards
I also thought about rewarding them with a certain amount of money at the end of the week, or getting a big box of random dollar toys and letting them pick out from there. I just know my personality and will let them pick more out so I’m going to try the jar of experiences and see how it goes! I will keep you posted on how it goes!
- go get frozen yogurt
- water balloon fight (they get to go pick up their water balloons)
- pick out a toy $10 or less from the store
- movie date
- amusement park
- bumper cars
- slurpee stop
- extra 20 minutes on Ipad/video games
These are all pretty simple and things I’ve had jack do since he was 2 1/2 -3. I think its good to teach your kids to do small chores, even if they don’t do it perfect. I think its good to form good habits with your kids early, like making their beds and saying their prayers.
- Make Bed – When their little just have them put pillows and stuffed animals on the bed.
- Ged Dressed + Brush teeth
- Put dirty clothes in the laundry basket
- Say prayers
- Read books: this is different for all ages. Little kids you’ll read the books to but Jacks age (5) and older have them read for 20-30 minutes in the summer.
- Pick up toys and 7-10 items in a different room (ex: living room).
- Vacuum – All my kids loved to vacuum. I usually have posy vacuum with the hose and have Jack vacuum regular.
You can change up everything depending on their ages. I also have my kids clear their plates and bring them to the dish washer.
I hope this helps you make fun memories and teach your babes to work hard during the summer so they can do fun things too!