One of our favorite thing to do as a family is cook together, and our favorite thing to cook together is PIZZA!! This pizza was super last minute and sooo easy to make! We usually do our crust out of two flour tortilla’s, but this time we bought two cans of pizza dough and made them into hearts! It was easy, delicious and my kids had a BLAST!
What you will need:
- Pizza Dough (we used two cans, it fed a family of four)
- Pizza Sauce- In the past we have use BBQ mixed with Ranch and it was delish! This time we used regular pizza sauce.
- Pack of graded mozzarella
- Toppings- Use whatever your family likes on their pizza. We did olives, mini pepperoni’s, jalepenos, and mushrooms!
- Optional: We made breadsticks out of the extra dough, so if you want to do breadsticks too, you will need butter, garlic salt and parmesan cheese,
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Make your heart shaped pizza’s. The easiest thing for us was to pop open the dough and lay it out flat like it comes, then use a pizza cutter and make heart shaped pizza’s. With the extra dough that was layed out, we cut a thin layer of dough into a long string and laid it around the edge of the pizza. (it made it kind of like a deep dish pizza & it looked even cuter)
- Then we sauced our pizzas, added a little cheese, put on all our toppings and then covered it with cheese again.
- Let your pizza cook between 9-15 minutes. We took the kids pizza out early since they like their pizza soft, and left ours in longer so it would be a little more crispy!
- If you are doing breadsticks with your pizza just let them cook as long as the pizza did. When they come out lightly coat them with melted butter and then shake on your preferred amount of garlic salt and parmesan cheese and WALLA!! You’re done!
I hope this was an easy and fun idea that you can do with your family on Valentines Day, or really any day! We love making pizzas and whenever we do it is the best, and funnest memorize! Let me know if you make them! I would love to hear your experience!